Wednesday, April 9, 2014

online meanderings

If I wrote the Bible

Things unseen - "How can a mother bear the loss of a child?"

The trap of doubt - Ed Welch on suffering and trust.

The widow's first laugh - It's true: happiness can be a balm in sorrow.

The fight against sadness - I have found many of these suggestions to be helpful.

Helping people to pray out loud - A wealth of practical tips from Carmelina Read.

for parents
I'm done making my kid's childhood magical and A mother's guide to raising pharisees

books
The best sex for life - Wendy recommends reading this 6 months into marriage.

Treasuring Christ when your hands are full - A book for mums by Gloria Furman.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant. - Dr. Who

Memorising Philippians is going slowly. I am eleven verses in and that little amount is pretty shaky. I have an appalling memory but I am not discouraged. When I do a bit of work on this it is pure joy and I'm not working to a deadline. - Meredith

To see more links and quotes, click here (Facebook) or here (Twitter).   

No comments: