Friday, September 13, 2013

Pride and Prejudice as a vlog and a board book

Last week I finished watching The Lizzie Bennett Diaries. I loved it!


It's a modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, retold as a vlog. It came out last year, with 100 three minute episodes released over 50 weeks with lots of extras.

Lydia is unforgettable and very hard not to love; Mary and Charlotte are explored at greater depth than in the book; most of the characters are beautifully cast ... I will say no more.

If you're a Jane Austin fan, give it a go. If you're anything like most of my friends, you won't be able to stop watching it.

(Oh, and look our for Emma - they're bringing it out soon. I can't wait!)

While you're at it, check out this board book. The story of Pride and Prejudice in 10 words. Beautiful.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Well I have to admit that my heart simultaneously leapt for joy and sank when I saw this. So much fun. So little time...

Jean said...

You won't regret it. Promise! (Or if you do you can always stop. :D)

Jean said...

Oh, and the episodes are only about 3 minutes long. So not as long as it sounds.