Friday, December 25, 2009

happy Christmas!


That's our Christmas tree. You can barely see the tree for the decorations.

There are decorations we've made - decorations which were made for us - decorations we've bought - decorations from my childhood - decorations which were given to us. A glorious conglomeration of unmatching things! And every one, as my son said this year, with a special memory attached.

It's been a lovely and hectic time leading up to Christmas in our house, with most of the usual traditions. We put up our tree and nativity scene. We went to Carols by Candlelight, and the kids learned to play some carols on the piano. We read about how Jesus fulfils all of God's promises as we opened the doors in our Jesse advent calendar.

I also started a new Christmas tradition just for me. I've been reading the early chapters of Luke, and I'm stunned once again by the glory of the Saviour come to earth. It's been so encouraging that I'd like to follow Nicole's example and read something about the birth of Jesus in the weeks leading up to Christmas every year.

I'll be back blogging sometime in January. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the next few weeks' posts from the in all honesty archives. I'm thinking of you all, and praying that you have a blessed and happy Christmas, as you celebrate the greatest gift of all: the gift of God's own Son.

No comments: