Saturday, July 4, 2009

EQUIP ministry wives 09

I love being married to someone in ministry, but it isn't always easy.

Ministry brings heavy demands. It's not the kind of job you leave at work - it becomes part of your family and home. It can cause financial strain and place a heavy burden on women, as they support their husbands and raise their children while their husband agonises over preparation or travels to conferences. My husband's success and failures become mine.

There's a great conference for women married to men in ministry in Sydney in late August. My friends who went last year raved about it (Nicole wrote about it here). I really enjoyed Carmelina's article 10 ways to discourage your husband, which was based on the talk she gave.

Like me, you might not be from Sydney, but this is worth travelling for! The topic this year is Beyond Success. You can find out more by following the links at EQUIP women.

No comments: