Friday, March 20, 2009

what's happening on in all honesty

I think it's time to stop and take stock of what's happening on in all honesty. Somehow I've managed to start three series at once: a series on pride, a series on Proverbs, and a related series on the fear of the LORD.

I don't have time most weeks to write on more than one - and I doubt you have time to read more than one long, meaty post! So you can expect me to keep working through them, slowly but surely, this and next term, with a break over Easter.

Next Monday you can expect the first of 3 or 4 posts on "the fear of the LORD", and later in the week I might share our Bible study group's pictorial summary of Proverbs 1-9. Sometime I'd also like to tell you what we learned from Proverbs 2 & 4 about the "good path", and from Proverbs 8 about Jesus and wisdom. So expect some more about Proverbs! You might be waiting a bit longer for some more posts on pride, but they will come in time, God willing.

I'd also like to share a few thoughts on kids and chores in the next week or so, but I'd love to hear from more of you first (thanks to those who've written in already!). I have appreciated your combined wisdom on so many issues in the past, and I'd love to hear your thoughts about training kids to help out around the house. You can comment here, or if you don't like commenting publically, feel free to email me.

With love from Jean at in all honesty!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Jean, it is encouraging to hear that I am not the only one in this state! :)

Jean said...

And doubly encouraging for me to know I'm not the only one, either!! It must be a common ailment of bloggers. :)