Saturday, August 16, 2008

theological reading online?

Bec asked an excellent follow-up question to last Thursday's post (I think I've got this right): does anyone know of daily reflections by good theologians you can get sent to your email or blog reader?

She says, "I've found that's the best way for me to do Bible reading regularly at the moment, so perhaps that's a good way to do further reading as well".

She suggested one: daily readings by Charles Spurgeon at Morning and Evening.

There are many websites which will send you a Christian quote daily. I subscribe to Of First Importance, where they send you a thoughtful quote about the gospel, and there are others out there, like Christian Quote. I'm sure I've seen some sites which will send you quotes from specific writers like C.S.Lewis, although I don't have the URLs at my fingertips.

But I did a quick internet search and couldn't find exactly what she's looking for.

Does anyone know of any other daily reflections by great theological writers you can get sent to your email or blog reader? Please add them to the comments.

1 comment:

mattnbec said...

A friend of mine and I have both been getting the "Of First Importance" one. Good stuff - thanks.

I've been using the IOUS idea too. Thanks for putting me onto that. It is a great way to start the day or my Bible reading and also to pray for the next day as my head hits the pillow.

Bec